REDHEAD Water Recreation Rentals
Water Recreation, Shuttle Service, & Rentals
Water recreation rentals at Redhead Mountain Bike Park begin June 1st
Thanks to a generous grant from the Chisholm Community Foundation and funding from the Minnesota Discovery Center, Redhead Mountain Bike Park now has a floating dock system available for public use. The Minnesota Discovery Center will be offering water rentals until October 16th weather permitting2. Water recreation at Redhead includes swimming, kayaking, canoeing, and paddle boarding. Motorized watercrafts are currently not allowed. The Minnesota Discovery Center water recreation fleet includes 2 canoes and 11 kayaks.
Available On-site Water Rec Rentals for Redhead include Canoes and Kayaks: The Minnesota Discovery Center offers canoe and kayak rentals, life jackets and paddles will be provided for each rental. All rentals include tax. Guests can call 218-254-7959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve their rental or reserve at the desk day of, if available. Due to popularity, we strongly recommend making a reservation. KAYAK/CANOE WAIVER FORM must be signed before leaving MDC admissions.
Refund policy: No refunds unless 24 hours prior cancellation or MDC cancels reservation due to bad weather. Additionally, we will open reserved rental spots 15 minutes past reservation time, if not notified of late arrival, to walk-ins unless notified ahead of time prior to your late arrival.
- Canoe Rental (2 Canoes) (14ft canoes, recommended 3 persons per canoe):
- Full Day $59 - 10am-6pm
- Half Day $37.50 - 10am-2pm & 2pm-6pm
- Hourly Rental $15
- Members get 10% off !
- Kayak Rental (11 Kayaks):
- Full day $54 - 10am-6pm
- Half Day $32.50 - 10am-2pm & 2pm-6pm
- Hourly Rental $15
- MDC Members get 10% off!
Water Rec Rules: Public vehicle access to the beach area is not permitted. Guests are welcome to take the shuttle, hike or bike, or take an ATV into the beach area on the designated trail. MDC strongly recommends that all persons accessing the lake at Redhead should wear a lifejacket at all times. There is no lifeguard on duty at the beach, recreate at your own risk.
Shuttle Service: Shuttle service into the park will go until October 16th, weather permitting. A NEW SHUTTLE SCHEDULE WILL BE RELEASED SOON. The shuttle can haul kayak and canoe rentals as well as personal gear, bikes, and up to 12 passengers at a time.
- Shuttle Runs: Every hour on the hour or upon availability. Transport to dock area and/or Glen Location on the southside of the park (beginner trails).
- Shuttle Schedule: Coming Soon!
- Shuttle Costs: Without rental: $6 per person (includes tax and hauling private party equipment). If you rent from MDC the shuttle is included in your equipment rental. MDC Members receive 10% off!
- Shuttle Capacity: 12 passengers
- Shuttle Hauling: Bikes, kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, & personal gear.
- Shuttle Priority: Kayaks and canoes that are rented take first priority for space on the shuttle.