Minnesota Discovery Center is NOW HIRING for the following positions:
We are currently accepting applications for Assistant Cook and a Dishwasher. Please submit your application/resume to Donna Johnson (address listed below).
Assistant Cook & Dishwasher
Accountable to: Chef/Customer Service Supervisor
Major Objectives: Responsible for providing food service in both a restaurant and event setting. This position is part-time/on-call/as needed basis.
- Thorough knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment used in preparing food on a large or small scale
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety standards required for the preparation, cooking, serving, and storage of food
- Experience in the preparation, cooking, and storing of food in both restaurant and events settings
- Ability to work with a variety of people and skills
- Ability to plan assign work to a staff of skilled and unskilled kitchen workers in a manner conductive to full performance and high morale
- Displays high initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic
- To plan, prepare, and cook foods in compliance with health and safety standards
- To assist the lead cook in directing the preparation, service, and storage of food in compliance with health and safety standards throughout food preparation and storage areas
- To monitor and assist in clean-up of food prep and dining areas
- To assist with maintenance of inventory and cost reporting as needed
- Ensure food service resources are utilized in an effective manner
- Report any deficiencies in equipment or supplies to the Visitor Services Manager
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and legal requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- General Food Service environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Weekdays, weekends and evenings required as needed on an on-call basis
- Part-Time/Non-Exempt Position
Visitor Services Staff
Accountable to: Customer Service Supervisor
Major Objectives: Responsible for greeting and welcoming visitors, selling MDC
products and services, and providing clerical and visitor services assistance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with people of various backgrounds.
- Friendly, outgoing, enjoys meeting people and working with the public.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with point-of-sale (POS) preferred.
- Experience with cash handling procedures preferred.
- Displays high initiative requiring minimal supervision.
- Is comfortable in an environment that requires flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong work ethic
- Greet and welcome visitors.
- Use POS system to conduct sales.
- Provide site orientation, answer and direct incoming phone calls.
- Provide preparation for events and venue rentals.
- Provide clerical assistance.
- Report any deficiencies in equipment or supplies to the Customer Service Supervisor.
- Effectively handle customer concerns and provide excellent customer service.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General Customer Service environment.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Weekday, weekend and some evenings required.
- Part-time/Non-exempt position.
- Seasonal or on-call.
Human Resources and Administrative Coordinator
Minnesota Discovery Center
1005 Discovery Drive
Chisholm, MN 55719